Friday, September 18, 2015

Day 18 :: CHICORY :: #30in30 Painting a Day Challenge

CHICORY
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
 
at The Drawing Room, Marion, MA 
How much can I be inspired by the field in my neighborhood? A lot!

It was an overcast day recently and the blue chicory by the fence made me pause. Tonight, in my studio at 10:16pm I decided to give this recent inspiration a go. At 11:07pm I'm posting it. I'm beat.

Like today, tomorrow I'll be selling autumn perennials at the Norfolk Grange Hall to help fund community programs. If I didn't have to be somewhere at 7:15am, I'd be reworking a few things in this piece (and I still might.) In the meantime, here's my painting.

Foregrounds are tricky. Backgrounds are tricky. Middlegrounds are tricky. And so I'm off to bed.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment