Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 9 :: BLUE DOOR :: #30in30 Painting a Day Challenge

BLUE DOOR
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
                                                                             

$125 + $8 shipping

Sometimes there is so much of visual interest in a place that it's easy to become overwhelmed at the options presented. This spot with its forested lot, dappled light, adirondack chair, adorable garden shed, vibrant roses, blooming window box, swaying ornamental grasses, and good company was overwhelming to say the least. It was also 100 degrees.

Here is the pastel I created en plein air. It was a true study in editing and in making greens interesting. When I had looked at my previous postings I thought it was time for some architecture. Blue is my favorite color. My friends' home has it everywhere. I was in heaven for so many reasons!

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment