Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 8 :: SUNFLOWERS :: #30in30 Painting a Day Challenge

SUNFLOWERS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"


$125 + $8 shipping

Sunflowers are beautiful. A local farm plants a field of them and when I'm there I feel like I'm in Europe. Stopping by at all times of day, we see their heads facing the sunshine -- that's how I feel in the wintertime.

Rather than paint something straightforward, I tried to mix up the color notes a little bit. Brown centers are boring. My notes include purples, magentas, and pinks!

Frugal me comes out when I have a piece of prized pastel paper 16x20" and a frame that's 16x16".
I trim the rest and make small pieces for studies as tests for future works and explorations of color. In fact, some of the 6x6"s that I'm working on for this #30in30 are being scaled up into larger pieces. (More on this later, just to tease a bit.) This sunflower was fun. I loved the turquoise and royal blue notes in between the stems. 
SUNFLOWERS SMALL STUDY
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 3x3"
Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment