Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 14 :: BOWL OF PEARS :: #30in30 Painting a Day Challenge

BOWL OF PEARS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"


at The Drawing Room, Marion, MA

On my studio shelving sit all of the pastels I've done for this September challenge. When I see them in a group I can assess subjects I should revisit and consider my work as a whole. Some artists approach this #30in30 painting a day challenge as a time to fledge out a theme or concept. Seems to me it's been more a chance to establish a discipline of making time in my life to make art. 

This still life is the only one of its kind in the collection of work thus far. I have a lot of landscapes. One animal. One garden. Two architectural. Today is the first still life. I think I'll be revisiting this classic subject.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment