Friday, October 9, 2015

Day 39 :: BLUE CLOUDS :: original pastel, 6x6"

BLUE CLOUDS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
at The Drawing Room, Marion, MA

Tonight and tomorrow I'm hosting an Open Studio event at my home studio. When I came up with the idea it was to showcase my #30in30 from September. As the time came to welcome in people to see my work, I got a bit nervous. I'd never had people in to my art-making space like this, and I wasn't sure what to expect.

Well, the last of my guests just left and the night was SUPER! I'm so honored at their efforts to come and support me and my work. Such kindnesses were said. The conversations really were helpful for me in understanding how others see my paintings. It was great to have the feedback. I so enjoyed myself and hope those who came had fun, too.

Tomorrow Open Studio continues from 10am-2pm. It is an understatement to say I'm looking forward to it.

Earlier today I did this painting of that same field in my neighborhood. The marks are quick because I had a lot to do. Still, I loved how it came out. The immediacy of it is sort of neat.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment