Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 33 :: AUTUMN MARSH :: original pastel, 6x6"

AUTUMN MARSH
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"

SOLD
Thank you!

This weekend my family scooted up to New Hampshire to visit my bestie. Having known her since we were five, it's easy to say that we are really more like sister-friends. What's a true gift for the two of us is that our families mesh well together: her kids are friends with our kids and my husband is friends with her husband.

It's so nice to feel refreshed and excited simultaneously. Being at her home was great, and we had both busy and down time. During my own quiet time, I took out my pastels and painted this scene from our walk earlier in the day.

The weather wasn't super for our visit, but it wasn't awful either. We had overcast for two days. Fall may be the only time when overcast doesn't bum me out, for it's in gray days that autumn colors can sing. This is the focus of my painting today: fall's colors as a vibrant contrast in the landscape.

Foliage isn't at its peak yet, so I certainly will have time to refine my painting skills as the leaves continue to change. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment