Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 34 :: FLOWER FARM :: original pastel, 6x6"

FLOWER FARM
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
$125 + $8 shipping


While in New Hampshire yesterday we went apple picking and stopped in at a farm. Who can think about leaf-peeping when there are these beauties in bloom? Goodness! Sunflowers everywhere. And in the land of pick-your-own, these could NOT be picked. The travesty! They were selling little bouquets of them inside, but I decided instead to paint them.

It was a day with overcast clouds, and I think that just made these flowers more vibrant in their yellow, orange, and green glory.

My September monthly painting challenge ended last week, but I do love having this discipline to my days -- even if I'm a bit run down with a blah cold. We celebrated the 10th birthday of my eldest nephew tonight. No more single digits for him! Time zooms by. Be present. Use your talents. Share them. Enjoy.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment