Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 41 :: FALL AFTERNOON :: original pastel, 6x6"

FALL AFTERNOON
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
Sold! 

It was a lazy Sunday after a hectic week. Everyone is home tomorrow for a Monday off. We have grand expectations for tomorrow after a lazy Sunday.

Tonight, after the girls went to bed and we cleaned up a bit, I went into the studio. Tim applauded. Adorably, and supportively, my great guy has been all in with my daily painting. It was fun to have him at Open Studio. I'd hear him say things about my dogged persistence for this goal I had. Again, I have to say I did marry well.

This piece is from a hike in our neighborhood.The light cuts across the path in the woods, and I am drawn to the colors unseen in the darks. Tricky to capture the light and dark in balance, I struggled through some of this piece for a while. I feel strong about its result.

Honestly, I'm a bit creatively spent. When I push my spent self, it's sort of a 50/50 split as to the results. We'll see what happens as I push on.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment