Monday, October 5, 2015

Day 35 :: SHEEP :: original pastel, 6x6"

SHEEP
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"


$125 + $8 shipping

Today is the day I almost stopped daily painting. I added another pastel to the small stack of failed figurative pieces and struggled through this one. No excuses, that is how painting goes.

The greens in this painting were fun spring tones. The deeper notes are blues from cobalt to Prussian. I painted this on an underpainting of ochres. My color relationships are analogous, and I don't think I paint in that scheme too often.

The kids have been in school for a month and I'm the last to be dealing with this cold. I'm going to bed nice and early, thinking of better experiences in the studio tomorrow.

Open Studio is this Friday and Saturday, October 9th from 5-8pm and 10th from 10am-2pm. I can't wait to welcome people into my small creative space! If you're in the area, I do hope you try to come visit!

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment