Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 42 :: EGGS :: Original pastel, 6x6"

EGGS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"

Another busy day -- a Monday off for the whole family -- with farm visits, pumpkin picking, hiking, and visiting our new puppy (!) we are picking up on Friday. Eeeep! That's in four days! Life will change (a new painting subject?) to say the least. Better get some paintings ready just in case....

Tonight, tired after a truly full day, I came into the studio to paint. This piece had been kicking around in my head. It's an ode to Ria Hills in a way. If you're not familiar with Ria's work, get over to her website! In fact, buy a painting! (They are glorious on your computer screen and a tour de force in person.) She has numerous paintings of cracked eggs. I LOVE them ALL!

So here's my cracked eggs, in sunlight and shade, with two colored yolks, in a glass bowl, on a wooden surface, with shining reflected light, and a metal spoon. Egad! Why not make it more complicated for myself?

Something fun happened, tonight, though. When the scanned image came up on my computer and I saw the preview I got a little excited by seeing my piece. What fun! The discipline of daily painting pays off!

Until tomorrow. Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment