Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Day 43 :: DUNE PATHS:: original KMW pastel, 6x6"

DUNE PATHS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
$125 + $8 shipping

Today was a busy day: kids are off from school, puppy preparations are in full swing, and the oil painting class I'm teaching began tonight, a pastel painting class starts tomorrow. This ugh cold I've had for nearly two weeks is dragging me down. Studio time has been so important for me. Right when I think I just can't find the energy, I do. The time spent painting is centering and lovely, such a positive in my life I didn't see coming.

This piece is one I love. Greens are always a challenge, and in this piece, they work. I've created space when the contrast was low. It'd a piece with subtle drama. The building was successful because I made decisions and went with them. The marks I made mattered. The colors I chose were right.

For those who know Nantucket, this is Steps Beach, from the top step, on an overcast day. Everywhere you look in Nantucket is a painting -- no matter the weather, time of day, or season.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment