Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 37 :: ROWBOAT :: original pastel, 6x6"

ROWBOAT
by Kim Morin Weineck
 original pastel, 6x6"
Sold! 

Sometimes when I paint I am stuck with being a slave to reality. The thing with art is that I don't like paintings that are strict interpretations of what is seen. The paintings I respond to are the ones that interpret reality through the artist's filter. Funny how there is a disconnect when I start to paint and amp up the abstraction meter. My inner critic starts to question.

With this piece I tried to make marks that informed the viewer enough about what was happening. The lighting was important in this piece, and the colors I chose reflect that time of day. The marks I made are strong and informative.

In the end, I love this piece. My husband said it's one of his favorites. The blues in the distance aren't as zingy as they are in this post. Eventually my Photoshop skills will be up to that task.

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment