Monday, January 4, 2016

Day #4 :: BRIGHT BOUQUET :: January Daily Painting Challenge

BRIGHT BOUQUET
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"

$125 + $8 shipping

Many artist-friends are participating in this daily painting challenge and I'm enjoying looking at their entries. Like so many people, I am constantly thinking and wishing I could paint differently --- someone else's palette of color notes, someone else's marks, someone else's subject matter. 

When it comes to challenges like this daily painting one, there are funny struggles for themes and content, etc. I love the pieces I've done so far (all three of them before today's piece) but they aren't taking enough risks. 

This piece is inspired by what I'd like to be snipping from my imaginary cutting garden (imaginary because we live in the woods and don't really have enough sun [or land] for a cutting garden) for a wonderfully whimsical bouquet. 

What do you think? 

And for those who watched, Downton Abbey was pretty fun, eh? I heard a great comment on NPR today that a critic supposed the show has done well because we all seem to like hanging out with these Edwardian people. As an aside, he mentioned that the scenes and camera-work were so lush. I completely agree. The details are sumptuous!

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment