Monday, September 4, 2017

Daily Painting Sept 2017 :: No. 4 of 30

When people ask where my paintings are from I am sometimes specific and sometimes vague. Many times the work can be from anywhere. The prior paintings of the #30in30 were of a typical imagined English countryside. Now where is today's painting from?

Daily Painting No. 4 of 30
3x3" oil on 5x7" oil paper

It'd be nice to say it's from my imagination, and while it sort of is, it is inspired by my glorious neighborhood. Living with nearly 200 acres of conservation land is an inspiring gift, and one that I count my blessings for every day. 

Daily Painting No. 4 of 30
3x3" original oil

 Queen Anne's Lace is in bloom now. It's the tail end of a long season of the wildflower. This year was magnificent. I'll need to buy a giant canvas and really do some of my photos and memories justice.

If you're on Instagram follow me @kimweineck and scroll back to see. I'm sure you'll find a lot of the neighborhood field. It's a sacred spot for me.

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment