Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day #27 :: SKYLIGHT :: January Daily Painting Challenge

SKYLIGHT
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
Sold! 

Perhaps you noticed I took last night off from painting. My sinus colds really take me out for the count, and I didn't have it in me to give in the studio. (I felt like I was breaking the law!) Instead Tim and I watched an episode of Masterpiece's Home Fires. Have you seen this show? It's a good one, and Tim pointed out that it's peppered with such beautiful greens. It's fun in an artist-household that a predominance of color gets noticed. 

This painting came out of me this morning with ease. Ahhhh! I am not sure you can know how much I needed that after the humbling experience that led to my last painting. The nuances of color are better in person, yet again and with my apologies, but this image on the computer gets the message across enough that I'm confident in it. 

The second painting of the day will come later. At least for now I'm caught up again. 

January is nearly through. I've learned a lot from this challenge and look forward to what I take on next. 

Thanks for reading!~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment