Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day #21 :: WINTER MOON :: January Daily Painting Challenge

WINTER MOON
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"

$125 + $8 shipping

In the midst of this Daily Painting Challenge I got pretty sick. The girls had been ill, along with Tim. The rascally germs were bound and determined to get me, too, despite my best efforts of hand-washing and over-sanitizing. It's now three days later and I'm still sick, but I'm painting! 

Here is a painting from my ride home. The light was just perfect as the final light shone warm and constrasting against the cool shadows. Trusty camera to get a poor-quality photo along with some composition notes and later today in the studio, safe from the first BIG snowstorm of the season, I made this painting. 

I could have spent forever on limbs. But I need to play and experiment with saying enough without having to say every little last word. Detail is important but only in balance. 

This was the first of three today. Off to post the next!
Ah-choo!

Thanks for reading! ~kmw  

No comments:

Post a Comment