Thursday, September 7, 2017

Daily Painting Sept 2017 :: No. 7 of 30


My brother married a wonderful woman 15 years ago this month. With a last name like MacIntosh, there is little doubt of her heritage.

My brother composts his grass clippings and other compostables in a big pile hidden by some strategically placed shrubs. During a recent visit, my nephew asked me to see the volunteer pumpkins that have grown from the compost (my favorite part of composting is the bevvy of volunteer plantings). The pumpkins and gourds are great, of course. What caught my eye were the thistles!


Daily Painting No. 7 of 30
3x3" oil on 5x7" oil paper

How appropriate in a house with Scottish heritage that beautiful thistles bloom in their compost!


Daily Painting No. 7 of 30
3x3" original oil

It caught my eye and I had to paint it, all loose and fun with the sky behind. Something is fun about smooshing around paint. This one was particularly smooshy!

Thanks for reading! ~kmw


No comments:

Post a Comment