Friday, September 1, 2017

Daily Painting Sept 2017 :: No. 1 of 30

It's another September and again I've accepted the #30in30 daily painting challenge. With upcoming shows and a busy commission/work/teaching/parenting schedule, I've decided to switch things up this year and will do 3x3" oil paintings on 5x7" Arches Oil Paper.

Oils take longer for me than pastels because all colors I use must be mixed. It takes practice and this monthly challenge will give me just that.

Daily Painting No. 1 of 30
3x3" oil on 5x7" oil paper

At the start of summer I rewatched Miss Potter about Beatrix and ultimately her role in conserving England's Lake District. The rolling hills and farms are a landscape I dream about! Today's painting is about mixing all the greens! Photographing this proved quite a challenge, but I think the gist comes across.

Daily Painting No. 1 of 30
3x3" original oil
At the end of the month, I'm going to put all of the work up for sale, first-come-first-served at $35 each (a steal!) Follow along with me and see if there's one or more you may want. The 5x7" size will be easy to frame and mat. I'm going to collect some frames during the month for ones I may want to keep :)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the collection looks -- always funny to think of on day one!

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment