Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 11 :: QUIET :: September Daily Paintings


QUIET
original pastel, 6x6"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50
The theme for my daily paintings seems to be "If nothing changes, nothing changes" and forcing myself to make changes. 

Today those changes worked out for me. I came into the studio knowing I'd be working on a marsh and wanting to mix it up. Less marks and more defined lights and darks have been on my "I wish..." list for too long now. 


QUIET
original acrylic, 18x18"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
Do I like the acrylic more than the pastel? I think I do! The underpainting for this piece was full of movement and I tried to keep that same feeling even after paint was layered on top.

Today is a difficult historical day. Art is a wonderful way to slowly process anxiety and a jumble of feelings. It was a welcome time for me to have on a somber anniversary.

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking risks with this challenge. The work created is about learning and  my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~ kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment