Sunday, August 5, 2012

Busy art-filled days

Summer is flying by and this weekend was such a blur my head is spinning. 

Starting Friday night art has dominated everything including this very instant as I wind up the weekend with this blog post.  

Gallery9's First Friday show was great. Met up with some wonderful people - including someone from high school (thank you, Holly, for coming!) and some family from quite a distance - and sold some work that I'll miss. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
LAYERS
original pastel, 24x9" unframed

Saturday afternoon I connected with Monica Lee of Smart Creative Women. We'd been in touch previously and she had asked me to be interviewed for her website. Saturday was the day and what a great time it was to sit with Monica and talk about art, art careers, and all sorts of things. The interview will air sometime in September. (Of course I'll be letting you know when.)

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
RED REFLECTED
original pastel, 24x9" unframed

Sunday wrapped up with some time painting in my yard with the family. My girls played in the yard with the kiddie pool, water table, and slip 'n slide - never did like the slip 'n slide when I was a wee girl it just meant bruises and friction burns but my girls do love it. Tim washed the house. (You read that right - the house. It looks amazing now. Wow, what a job! )

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
CLOUDS AND COLOR
original pastel, 10x8" unframed

Painting time today was fruitful as I completed a few things that had been sitting waiting to be deemed finished (the part of a painting that I find most difficult.) I completed one piece alla prima, Clouds and Color, and went on to do a wee study of a window box because I've been toying around with working on a large series of works with these window boxes. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
WINDOW BOX study
original pastel, 6x4" unframed

I had such fun this weekend and am exhausted. Who doesn't like going to bed spent from a busy weekend? Makes me want to change the sheets, jump into that cool, pristine bed, and sleep like a baby thinking of the promise of the week ahead. Ah....

Thanks for reading~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment