Monday, August 20, 2012

In the works

On my Facebook page I teased that I'm working on a big project.


©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
SENNELIER No. 521
original watercolor
I love Sennelier pastels. LOVE THEM!

It is a big project for me, but honestly I should have rethought posting it as a teaser. The project starts with web and ends with site. Probably not that exciting to anyone but me.

A website is a big undertaking because what feels like millions of decisions must be made. Exhaustive process, but one that is overdue. I'm working on getting my professional artist house in order and it feels great to do.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
ISABEY "Impressionniste" 
original watercolor
This is a filbert hog bristle brush for oil painting. 
Can you tell I'm a landscape painter?
Can't get the green stains out!

For the site, I completed these three watercolors just this morning. Larger than real-sized supplies, they really are fun things to paint. The detail pulls me in! In the future, my aim will be a looser interpretation of them. Today, this is what came out of me, happy to say.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
UNWRAPPED PASTEL STICK
original watercolor
Stay tuned for my updates.

In the meantime, enjoy these waning wonderful days of summer. We're in our glory!



Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment