Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day 10 :: REEDS :: September Daily Paintings


REEDS
original pastel, 6x6"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50

Weekend! Day ten! No longer in the single digits with one-third of the month behind me. Today, as mentioned yesterday, here is the same marsh view with some sky. My color in the original is a bit different. The reeds in the foreground appearing like bluish white dots are actually in the bright light orange family. Optimizing photos is difficult and as long as I keep doing daily painting challenges like this, my editing skills are bound to improve. 

Feel free to comment on what you'd like to see for the month. I have a feeling more figures are going to appear at some time. Acorn still lifes showed up last September. As I walk the dog early in the morning I keep picking up unique little acorns and thinking of paintings. 

We foraged for grapes and elderberries today. The house smells wonderfully of riverbank grapes. I'm not sure if a painting of a wild grapevine would translate. We'll see! 


MARSH REEDS
original acrylic, 18x18"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck

Here's the acrylic. Quick and fun. I'm feeling that it's not quite abstract enough and not quite detailed enough. What will I do going forward? Maybe we'll have a resolution about this for the end of the month. Twenty more paintings to go!

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking risks with this challenge. The work created is about learning and  my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment