Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 9 :: MARSH REEDS :: September Daily Painting


MARSH REEDS
original pastel, 6x6"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50
The weekend is nearly here! I'm excited to have the time to get things in order again after a hectic week of school and everything new. Painting-wise, I'm hoping to get up a bit earlier and see about squeezing in my paintings on Saturday and Sunday. (Wish me luck ;) ) 

Today's pastel and acrylic painting are a little different for me because there is no sky to be shown. When I did small thumbnail sketches to work out the composition I had versions with and without sky. Obviously sky-less seemed more appealing to me. 

In the spirit of the posts from the past three days (all from the same marsh spot near our home) I may offer a version of this place tomorrow but with sky. Having a month of daily paintings is a great way to compare and contrast and analyze some artistic tenets. It's true to say that a whole lot of learning is going on!


MARSH REEDS
original acrylic, 18x18"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck

When it came to the acrylic painting as a warm-up, it's one of the first ones that I really am happy with. And I'm so enjoying a stack of 18x18" paintings and looking at the progression. It's a lot of work but so very worth it.

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking this challenge to heart and taking risks. The work created is a labor of love and learning. For this #30in30 challenge my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment