Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 3 :: FISHING :: September Daily Paintings


FISHING
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
SOLD! 
Experimentation continues! Sparkle is obviously on my mind and today's piece made me stop and take note. I've also confirmed I need some more pastels. Terry Ludwig's set of lights would do the trick for super sparkles! 

The back part of land in this piece was the best to paint. In person there is a modulation of color that really sings. Exciting to get that right! The silhouette is fun, too. Placing people in paintings really adds scale and interest. 



FISHING
by Kim Morin Weineck
original acrylic, 18x18"
 
As usual, the acrylic painting came first. I love the sparkle more to this one but I am not sure it reads as sparkle. I have a bunch to learn but sure am enjoying the process!

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking this challenge to heart and taking risks. The work created is a labor of love and learning. For this #30in30 challenge my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is $50 ($10 US shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

It's my anniversary today. Eleven years with a fantastic guy. Love you, Timmmmay!
Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment