Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 4 :: WINDBLOWN :: September Daily Paintings


WINDBLOWN
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
$50 + shipping

Simplify! This mantra is repeated and repeated whenever I paint. Today I think I took it to heart. I love how this looks. Clean and placed and deliberate.  The pastels have me pent up and focused on detail.

The sparkle obviously continues to haunt my mind. Can you blame me?

WINDBLOWN
by Kim Morin Weineck
original acrylic, 18x18"

Working larger and in acrylic with tubs of paint makes for different effects. I'll discuss them more in a future post. Mark making, color choices, and economy of brushstrokes are all on my mind. On day 3 of all this work I am starting to feel a change. Come October, it'll be great to look back!!

I'm so busy with the holiday weekend and celebrating Labor Day and our anniversary weekend fun. I'm cutting this short but am happy that I got a painting in. Yippee!

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking this challenge to heart and taking risks. The work created is a labor of love and learning. For this #30in30 challenge my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~kmw






No comments:

Post a Comment