Thursday, September 15, 2016

Day 15 :: CHICKEN FEED :: September Daily Paintings


CHICKEN FEED
original pastel, 6x6"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50
Pastels are gloriously direct. No brush handle to get in the way. You want a color - you find the color - you apply the color - done. HA! It does NOT really work like that, especially if you do a nuanced piece of every sort of gray out there. Challenge doesn't really begin to describe what this was, but it's September and I embrace challenge! 

Cutie little chicken was super smart and found the bag of birdseed. When I happened upon this scene, the chicken turned and looked at me! Such a fun moment at my friend's farm yet again. Some day I will have to see about a residency. I could be inspired and paint something new from this farm every day! 


CHICKEN FEED
original acrylic, 18x18"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
Again the acrylic is different but improving. Again I am wondering if I like it more than the pastel. It's funny to think that I'm struggling with a smaller pastel working surface. A 6x6" board was my thing for years whilst the kids were still napping and it was what I could tackle during that short time. Thankfully the school day is longer and so my working time has increased.

Yesterday was intense with an art association meeting and things the kids needed, so I dialed it in and posted my plein air piece from the coffeehouse. Today I did four paintings and need to go to bed. Ha! Who knew art is so tiring?

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking risks with this challenge. The work created is about learning and  my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thank you for reading! ~ kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment