Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 2 :: WATER SPARKLE :: September Daily Paintings


WATER SPARKLE
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
SOLD! 

Although the girls began school Tuesday, today they had off. Right when we are feeling a groove - BLAM! And into this blam I come to make art. September is a tough month for this challenge. 

Many artists I have studied and follow paint sparkles with ease. The twinkling light is such a draw in the landscape. I stop whenever I see it and I stare and think how easy it would be to paint that. Today painting said "Ha!" 

Learning is part of this challenge and I set forth to learn. Don't tell Tim, but what I may have learned is that I need to buy more pastels ;)


WATER SPARKLE
by Kim Morin Weineck
original acrylic, 18x18"


This larger-scale acrylic painting came first. I loved the process of painting it. As I mentioned before, BIG size, BIG brushes, BIG shapes. And then little tiny sparkles. At the end I like the modulation of marks. Perhaps I should revisit the pastel and mix up the sizes of the sparkle. Eureka! 

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking this challenge to heart and taking risks. The work created is a labor of love and learning. For this #30in30 challenge my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment