Monday, September 5, 2016

Day 5 :: SWIMSUITS :: September Daily Paintings


SWIMSUITS
original pastel, 6x6"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50
From our days on the beach for Labor Day weekend, I continue to be inspired by sparkles on the water. Of course I'm also inspired by our daughters. The beach is still a place for them to dig and play and I am holding on to that as long as possible. 

Their swimsuits are these awesome colors: bright neon orange and turquoise and vibrant red and purply ultramarine blue. The water struck me as striped in a way. The beach we frequent offers vistas to a lighthouse, distant land, and closer harbors. It really offers all an artist could want to soak in. 

A voice in my head is always critiquing my work. WOW! This voice is LOUD! Sometimes I think that is why social media is a helpful aid. Having support and comments and purchases (!!!) from you all really matters. Thank you! 


SWIMSUITS
original acrylic, 18x18"
©2016 Kim Morin Weineck

The acrylic is fun to see, much larger and flat and free and still sparkly. I'm going to revisit this one again when I have more time. I need to elongate an arm (can you tell which one?)

Since it's the Monday holiday, my family is waiting for me to finish these paintings and posts so I can go for a bike ride through the wonderful field in our neighborhood. I'm sure I'll continue to be inspired.

Yesterday the girls and I made homemade marshmallows. I took a bunch of photos of them and now I want to paint them! We shall see.

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking this challenge to heart and taking risks. The work created is a labor of love and learning. For this #30in30 challenge my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment