Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 16 :: RED :: September Daily Paintings


RED
original pastel, 6x6"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50
This is a busy month which I deliberately chose to augment my stress by undertaking this challenge. It's wonderful to do the work and feel progress and I keep telling myself that doing the work is a better feeling than having more on my plate. Certainly this month laundry and cleaning and such can take a back seat! 

As I mentioned in yesterday's  post about the porch light painting, architecture is a challenge for me. Generally I want to tighten things up and make all the edges hard and ruler straight. Painting then becomes such a chore as opposed to being something to enjoy and free my inner artistic child. When I'm feeling life's pressures, of course I take on the challenge of something that I find difficult. Goodness. 

RED
original acrylic, 18x18"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
Today my studio time in Massachusetts brings me back to Vermont at the farm I am so inspired by. This square composition is wholly architectural with some intense cropping to really challenge all my perspective skills. My farmer friends have wonderful young children and so you can make out the scooter and the red tricycle in front of the barn door.

The acrylic came first and then the pastel above. Simplicity is my mantra and being able to say a lot with little marks and color changes. I think I did well with this. Pastel makes it easier to do: pick colors, make marks, move on!

This will be a fun one to compare and contrast. I have been putting both images next to each other on Facebook. It certainly does welcome comparison that way!

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking risks with this challenge. The work created is about learning and  my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thank you for reading! ~ kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment