Thursday, September 15, 2016

Day 14 :: PORCH LIGHT :: September Daily Paintings

PORCH LIGHT
original pastel, 6x6"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
$50

Yesterday I didn't post my established standard 'two paintings in different mediums of the same subject' and instead posted a plein air piece I did from Cilla's Coffeehouse in Norfolk, MA which is showing my work for the month. Buildings and the figure are often not my strong suit and I'll admit that the success and FUN of the coffeehouse plein air piece gave me confidence enough to do more focusing on buildings. Today, to catch up, I did four paintings. I'm beat! (The coffeehouse painting is at the end of this post.) 

The pastel looks like I wanted it to look. I have been studying how some artists make their clean marks and blocks of color. A common factor is that some confident artists have blogs of glorious messy color not confined to hard lines. Ahhh. This is my struggle. The more I paint the more I tighten all of this up! 

PORCH LIGHT
original acrylic, 18x18"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
 The acrylic is a great example of trying to be messy. It was a good start at messy and then I kept tightening and tightening. Who knows what sort of work I can do next time. This was a good session in the studio -- again from my friend's wonderful Vermont Farm -- and I learned so much. More and more my motto is "Just do the work!"

WELCOME ENTRY
original pastel, 9x12"

©2016 Kim Morin Weineck
My cafe entrance painting done on location. What a great time this was, meeting people and really pushing myself. I loved every moment!

PRICING NOTE:  I am taking risks with this challenge. The work created is about learning and  my pieces are experiments and priced accordingly. Each piece is A BARGAIN at only $50 ($10 shipping if you're not local) rather than $125 for my usual gallery-worthy work. Only my pastels will be available at this time. Email kimweineck@gmail.com to purchase. Of course, thank you! 

Thank you for reading! ~ kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment