Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hectic but lovely

Hectic but lovely - that is how I'd describe these past few weeks.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, MARSH CEDARS, original pastel 16x12" Sold!

Summer is in its glory and has taken me along for its ride through scents of honeysuckle and roses in bloom during early morning photo safaris capturing the soft, pink light of the start of day.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, MARSH WATER, original pastel 16x12"
This sold recently, too. Hurray!

I recently sold three of my newest series of 16x12" pastels to a collector.

What a positive jolt that was! Painting in the past was about speed, and now I'm deliberately trying to slow down and be more deliberate and pensive about choices I make during the process, and while at it, I'm learning a lot.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, MARSH DUNE, original pastel 16x12"
I love the space in this pastel painting.

I've been painting when possible and hunting out new references and painting spots. What fun!

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, BEACH PATH, original pastel 16x12"
Another of the sold paintings. Hurray again!

This Saturday, weather-permitting, is the Arts in the Park art festival in Marion, MA. My delightful in-laws live in Marion and I'm really taken with their hometown. Talk about inspiration in the landscape! Of course, this is my first-ever festival, so I'm petrified - just a little bit petrified.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, MARSH GRASSES AND GREENS, original pastel 16x12"
Yes, this photo is taken in my kitchen next to the stove. It was where I could find the best light. Ha!

Sometimes that scary feeling of doing something new gets you to push yourself to a new place. Working toward something often gets me to experiment, too. I feel that with this new series of work.


©2011 Kim Morin Weineck, MORNING AT THE POINT, original pastel 16x12"
Still in process, this pastel is what I worked on yesterday while my mom watched the girls.


And my photo safaris have been fruitful. Here are two shots from some early morning walks.


We also celebrated Lucy's 4th birthday, with Pippa's second just around the corner, too. It's certainly as I described - hectic but lovely.

Ahhh. Summer.

Thanks for reading!
kmw

1 comment:

  1. Love them all! Really very, very fine work, Kim!

    ReplyDelete