Thursday, December 6, 2012

Small works :: Sky Afire

Despite the fact that I often discourage my students from painting sunsets because it can be difficult to make a sunset painting look believable, here I present another sunset painting! In the previous post I referred to the juxtaposition of dull and bright colors and this is another example of the same theme. In person the colors are brighter and duller simultaneously. Try as I might, this is the closest to accurate I could get.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
SKY AFIRE
original pastel, 6x6"
framed to 10x10
available
Notice my friends, the cedar trees, at the middle right of the painting? I also liked the loose details in the distant bank of land.

Email kimweineck@gmail.com for more information about this painting.
Thanks for reading!~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment