Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mixing it up

After focusing so intently on pastels for a spot of time, it was a nice mental break to switch to something utterly different: illustrations in mixed media. 


©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
BRAEBURN APPLE
original mixed media, 7x7 unframed
available $45
For these works on board I used pencil, colored pencil, watercolor, watercolor pencil, iridescent pastels, ink, sharpies, my daughters' art supplies of all sorts, and perhaps something else I am forgetting....

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
HEIRLOOM TOMATO
original mixed media, 7x7 unframed
available $45
I am going to take a better photo and repost

Julie at Gallery9 has asked me to do some work in a different vein for a show coming up Friday, August 3rd. I always am up for the challenge to see what can be produced under a time crunch. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
ASSORTMENT of ORIGINALS

These are fun illustration art for me to do and making them is oddly exhausting. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
LEMON
original mixed media, 7x7 unframed
available $45

Photographing them in my dining room was horrible, but I was anxious to share them because they got me excited. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
WATERCOLOR BRUSH
original mixed media, 2x7 unframed
available $25

I can't tell which is my favorite and can't wait to do more. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
PEPPERMINT CANDY
original mixed media, 7x7 unframed
available $45

Have suggestions for a subject or want to purchase one? Let me know in the comments, in an email (kimweineck@gmail.com) or on Facebook.

Thanks for reading!
~kmw

1 comment: