Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Asking for your vote

Click on Jerry to vote!

Today I received an email from Jerry's Artarama, a wonderful source for art supplies, informing me that I have been selected one of seven finalists to be their artist-of-the-month for June. I don't know how many artists submit their works to be juried into final selection, but I'm certainly honored to be considered.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
SUNLIT HAY
original pastel, 20x9"


The news is also pretty exciting because the winner receives $65 in art supplies from their website or their stores. Yippeeee! All you artists out there know that art supply stores are like candy stores filled with inspiration and the materials to create all kinds of great work. $65 would be a fun little spree!!

I always go to the Jerry's location in Providence when I need something right away. (For those local to my neck-of-the-woods, Olga's Cup and Saucer nearby is a wonderful location for lunch or coffee and a snack after your art supply buying trip.)

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
YELLOW MARSH GRASSES
original pastel, 36x12"


Hats off to Jerry's marketing department because now the onus is on me to get the word out to friends, family and my art fans about this little contest and in the process advertise all about them. Seems like a win/win in that regard, but still scares me because it's also a popularity contest.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
MARSH COLOR
original pastel, 36x12"

If you like, click over and vote for me. I would obviously appreciate it. You probably have to 'like' them first on Facebook, too. So many things to 'like', I know.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
NIGHTFALL
original pastel, 20x9"


Here's a link to the work I submitted for consideration by Jerry's. The paintings in this post are from the selection I emailed them a few months back.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
TUSCANY
original pastel, 4x4"

If you're an artist, email them some of your work and see what happens. It's a great shot-in-the-arm to be among those considered, get your name out there, and who knows what else!

Thanks for reading (and maybe voting for me, too!)
kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment