Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Continuation

Abstraction for me seems to be another way of saying "loosening up" because there is no mistaking what most of these small studies are, even though I painted them with less detail. 

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 8,  4x3"

My exercises continue focusing on color, composition, and on making each mark really matter. Like in the piece above, those dots of red really make the piece for me. 

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 4,  3X4"

It's hard not to keep going on these. I want to make more detail and explain myself more - yet, when I see these here, it's obvious that they read for what they are without all the extra marks. 


©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 6, 3x3"

The alternating colors activate the space. I like the effect. 

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 1,  3X4"

All of them are fun and quick and are oddly exhausting!

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 2,  3x3"


©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
STUDY No. 9, 3x3"

For directions on how to try them yourself, check this post here.
Thanks for reading!  ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment