Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nearly springtime!

Spring is on its way and I'm obsessed with the change of seasons, especially as we seem to be getting a burst of warmth sooner than usual.

Kitchen windowsill still life with daffodils
Winter drags me down and with spring I feel a new lift.

oil painting study of Sunflowers
(c)2012 Kim Morin Weineck 4x4"
Will revisit this one! 

In celebration of spring's imminent arrival next week, I've been setting up small still lifes all over my house.

Still life of kitchen veggies with my happy striped paper straws

Each one looks to me like a wee painting.


Delft and daffodils

 We'll see if I can get time to paint any of them, although probably not. I am too fussy about all the stuff in the background.

Pippa at the sandbox
The girls have been so wonderful to watch playing together in the yard. It was 70 degrees late last week and I put out all the outdoor furniture. Ahhhh, springtime!

Pippa and Lucy at the sandbox yesterday
Thanks for reading! Happy nearly Spring!!
~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment