Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Three pastel studies

Here are three pastels I did recently. All are small, approximately 5x5", and all have a sort of overcast feel to them. 
BLUE BOAT
original pastel by Kim Morin Weineck
5x5" (c) 2012

I created these small studies to experiment with using new lower chroma colors and to play with the intensity of the colors in the pictorial space. 

FOG AND ROSES
original pastel by Kim Morin Weineck
5x5" (c) 2012

Mind you, these foggy, quirky light source pieces are a bugger to photograph. In person they read much better. Photographing my pieces is something I'm constantly working to improve. 

TURQUOISE BIKE
original pastel by Kim Morin Weineck
5x5" (c) 2012

Making these paintings was a fun exercise, and, as ever when I push myself, I learned a lot. 

Thanks for reading, 
~kmw

1 comment:

  1. A trio of goodness!
    ulerg Diversi-these longer two word codes are not as fun.

    ReplyDelete