Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Surfaces for pastel

Tonight I'm doing a demonstration for the Foxboro Art Association.

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
BRANT POINT ROSES
original pastel, 5x5" Sold
I have to say that I love doing demonstrations. Standing up in front of a group and discussing your talent is a sure-fire way to solidify how you work.

I'm taking the girls with me to Jerry's Art-A-Rama this morning for a fun materials buying spree. A little art supply fix also is a sure-fire way to get inspired about your medium!

©2011 Kim Morin WeineckSCONSET PATH
original pastel, 5x5" Sold

The focus of tonight's demonstration is about pastels and contrasting the various surfaces available.
There are so many but my time will concentrate on Sennelier's Pastel Card, Clairefontaine's Pastel Mat, UArt paper, Wallis paper, and perhaps Canson Mi-Teintes paper (I never know how to pronounce that last one.)
©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
PASTEL MARSH
original pastel, 5x5" Sold

More information on supplies I use in making pastel paintings as well as sources for everything can be found here on my blog.

I enjoy making pastel paintings thoroughly. It's my hope that tonight's demo will impart this joy to other artists. What a wonderful opportunity!






No comments:

Post a Comment