Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 13 :: MARSH ROCKS :: #30in30 Painting a Day Challenge


MARSH ROCKS
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"

at The Drawing Room, Marion, MA


Last week I was visiting an artist friend in Sandwich on Cape Cod. He took us on a pretty incredible safari to scout out painting locations. This spot is a gem! It was low tide -- really low. The sun was a bright streak in the distance. I think I could still play with the color in the distance on this one. 

Thirteen days in and I am noticing some interesting things about the collection as a whole. If you'd like to see them, click on the #30in30 link on my website homepage.

Some of these small paintings are being worked into larger compositions. Wait until you see those -- no sooner than November, if I had to wager a guess. Who knows, though. I'm excited to show what I'm working on and I'm in a new gallery! Be sure to plan to visit Palette Fine Art Gallery if you're near Sandwich, Massachusetts. Comment on this post if you'd like suggestions on where to eat and what to see when you're there. 

Thanks for reading! -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment