Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 1 :: DAY'S END :: #30in30 painting a day challenge

DAY'S END
by Kim Morin Weineck
original pastel, 6x6"
Sold! 

The first day of Leslie Saeta's #30in30 painting a day challenge is a daunting prospect. Staring at September I wonder what my collection will look like at the month's end. Questions come to mind: Will I paint daily? Can I keep up with the demand? How will I find the time? What about Labor Day?

As a mom to young girls starting school this month I have to think I'll be afforded new time. Summer is wonderful but finding time to paint has been its own challenge. We shall see....

DAY'S END is a piece I was jazzed up about when began the painting process. The light was just so. The colors were intense. In my art studio I've been pushing color in terms of hue, value, intensity, and temperature. This composition allowed me to stretch color in all of those ways. 


When I was finished I was happy enough to fledge this into a larger piece for an upcoming show in November. Can't wait to show you how it came out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment