Wednesday, August 14, 2013

VT plein air

My August workshop in VT was a productive time. With so many things I could post, I figured I'd start with a painting. A friend and photographer, Rebecca Skinner, took these photos of me starting my piece. 

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck 
photo by Rebecca Skinner



©2013 Kim Morin Weineck 
photo by Rebecca Skinner


©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
photo by Rebecca Skinner

This day was oddly overcast and posed a challenge (in a good way) to capture the light effects on the landscape. Most of my VT work was small on-location studies which I can work into larger studio paintings in the future.


©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
SUMMER MORNING, VT
original pastel, 7x5"

When I returned to my room at the Amee Farm Lodge I snapped this photo of the painting. Loved the greens. There's something about the Vermont air that makes me want to make art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment