Monday, May 6, 2013

Blue Boat

Lately I've overheard conversations about marsh paintings and how everyone does them. Ah, yes, they're a popular landscape subject. This past weekend I was in an art show -- of course, showing some marshes. Perhaps I was thinking of this when I started recently taking on new subjects! The past month, after taking a workshop with Deb Quinn-Munson which focused on painting water, I found myself drawn to references I had been keeping at bay for someday in the future.

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
BLUE BOAT

original pastel, 16x8"
Seems that that some day is now. This boat pastel and three others in this vein are now resting on my dining room chair rail for my critique. It's nice to sit with a piece for a spell and examine it at odd times. I'm learning so much with each study.

This piece sold right after I put it on my Kim Morin Weineck's Art Facebook Page. If you're interested in a piece, please always feel free to message or email. I'll be in touch ASAP!

Thanks for reading -kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment