Sunday, October 14, 2012

Award and a demonstration

Hurray! I'm excited and delighted to say that my painting, SUMMER SKY, has be awarded 2nd place Pastel at the recent FAA members show. It's an honor and so encouraging. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
SUMMER SKY
original pastel, 7x7"

Sometimes when painting a piece just seems to come from your fingertips - as if through inspired intervention. Summer Sky was one of those pieces. The colors I needed were all available. The contrasts and values were spot on when I tried them out. The stars were all aligned. Funny how others can feel that, too. 

Finishing touches on my pastel demonstration 
for the Foxboro Art Association

Last week I was the demonstrator for the Foxboro Art Association filling in for a last-minute withdrawal. The crowd was responsive to my instruction for making a pastel painting on top of an oil underpainting. 

I worked on a scene inspired by Stony Brook in Norfolk, MA. If you're local to Norfolk, check out this treasured spot. Paintings are EVERYWHERE! 


Thanks for reading! ~kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment