Monday, October 3, 2011

Color vocabulary: green and white

"All or nothing" seems to be my motto. I'd been working in pastel exclusively for a long spell and then I had a show requiring oil paintings and I took a three-month hiatus from them. Feels a bit funny that I haven't touched a pastel stick since the beginning of the summer. 

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
CLOUDS AND CONIFERS
original pastel, 16x12"
These three pastels were done in quick succession, and I was pleased with them. During the summer I worked to enrich my color vocabulary in greens and whites. Seems that I was delving into this study with these three! 

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
BEACH BIKE
original pastel, 16x12"
 All are 16x12" and are all done on PastelMat archival pastel boards. If you're a pastelist and haven't tried PastelMat, you really should. It's smooth and yet somehow holds pastel as if it were gritty sandpaper - utterly contrary!

©2011 Kim Morin Weineck
MORNING AT THE POINT
original pastel, 16x12"

Each of these pieces is available at Gallery9 in Norwood for my show opening October 5, 2011.
Comment on which you like best. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment