Thursday, May 10, 2012

Four square pastels

Four new pieces, from drawings and references I've worked on in the past: Marshes!

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
MARSH WATER
original pastel, 6x6"
 In person, the colors are better, so I must improve my photo taking/editing. Perhaps I can blame it on the non-stop rain we've had. Colors are better in sunshine!

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
MARSH STREAM
original pastel, 6x6"
 All four pieces are painted on gray PastelMat, not my favorite surface to paint on, but I had seen Christine Bodnar's demonstration and figured I'd revisit it.
©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
MARSH TREE
original pastel, 6x6"
 With a water wash to create an underpainting, I enjoyed the process a lot.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
MARSH SHADOWS
original pastel, 6x6"
Not bad, but I'd like them to be more lively and colorful. I can work on that! Like I said, I'm blaming the rain!

Thanks for reading!
~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment