Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Temperature

It's nearly summer - a lovely mid-June with still so much goodness and light yet to come. We've had days that you dream about and lately a lot lot lot of rain. (Did I say there's been a lot?) Whenever the weather has cooperated I've been out painting on our patio. This small piece was completed last week, right before the onslaught of rainy days.

©2013 Kim Morin Weineck
DIANNE'S FLOWERS
original pastel, 7x5"

Lately I've been interested in amping up my color and pushing the boundaries of warm and cool temperatures in my work. A sunlit window box of gorgeous flowers with some warm, raking light was the perfect place to explore some color theory. With new pastels at my disposal, it was wonderful to consider warm greens vs. cool greens, warm whites and cool whites, the temperature of the blue, etc etc. 

Can't wait to do it again!! 
Thanks for reading!-kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment