Sunday, February 5, 2012

Trio of new works

This week I squeezed in some time to complete these three small pastels.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
AUTUMN STROLL
original pastel, 6x6"
 I used Nupastels and Sennelier pastels on Sennelier Pastel Card with some of the new Richeson Semi-hard pastels which had arrived by FedEx this week as well. Having new supplies really can be an impetus to make art. I couldn't wait to try them out!

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
BACKLIT AUTUMN
original pastel, 6x6"
The Richesons are lovely, but there's a learning curve while I familiarize myself with their specific properties. Some of the colors thrill me and others I have to learn how to incorporate into use. 

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
BIKE REST
original pastel, 6x6"
It's fun to explore new materials and experiment with techniques. Can't wait to find some more time to keep up the exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment