Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pastel panorama

Always one of extremes, after a while not painting, I have been at my easel a lot for the past week. Today and yesterday I've been working on this pastel panorama from a vista I've been enjoying working from lately.

©2012 Kim Morin Weineck
RED TREE PANORAMA
original pastel, 3.5x18"
on mounted UArt board
While I'm at my easel I listen to my girls at play. What fun it is to listen to Lucy and Pippa pretend to make cakes for an imaginary party. According to Lucy, Play-dough makes good frosting.

Painting always brings up issues, and this little spate of painting exemplifies my chronic struggle. I want less marks with more impact. Instead, when painting, I just keep going and going and going. More strokes does not mean a better painting.

Without practice I'll never figure it out. It's fun to practice!

Thanks for reading!
~kmw

1 comment:

  1. I could have sworn this was BIGGER! The Detail and texture at this size is remarkable. Really great Kim! Paritums.

    ReplyDelete