Friday, May 20, 2011

An indulgence for Tim's birthday

Last year I made dolls for Lucy, Pippa, and for me that look like us. Our very own 'mini-me's! The girls have loved them. They dance with them. Just too cute.

The dolls proudly hang out on our mantel, kind of overseeing the goings on in our home. They make me happy.

Lucy, me, the newly-made Tim, and Pippa

Tim didn't have one. The dolls I had been inspired by from 'inside a black apple' were only girl dolls, so I never quite knew what I'd do for a boy doll. For his birthday I thought I'd give it a shot. He's worth the effort!

Here he is, all cut out. The shirt is made of an old shirt of his.
His hair is from his wool sweater vest which he inadvertently felted in the washer/dryer.


I was pretty pleased with the process and the outcome.


But he asked for an addition. And I complied with his request.
It's all about the eyebrows!Happy Birthday, Timmmay!
Thanks for reading!
kmw

No comments:

Post a Comment